WEB SHOP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment is accepted by debit or credit card. All orders will be confirmed in writing, together with a credit card receipt and invoice.
GUARANTEE OF QUALITY
We guarantee that all our products are of the highest quality, that all manufacturers/suppliers products meet current EU legislation standards, and that the products meet the required standards for the purpose they were intended. Your statutory rights are not affected.
We make every effort to ensure that products arrive in perfect condition. However, in the unlikely event of a package not being delivered within 7 days of placing an order customers should advise us.
We will make every reasonable effort to locate the products, and if necessary, send a replacement at our expense or provide a full refund. If products arrive damaged in any way, customers should contact us within 7 days of receipt, this does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Claims for refunds will not be considered unless we are notified within 14 days of the dispatch of the order. Refunds for valid claims will be made via the same credit card or debit card used to place order.
If you have a complaint, please call us on 01923 211 188 or write to us at House of Colour, Unit 2, Building 6, Hatters Lane, Croxley Green Business Park, Watford, WD18 8YH. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 5 working days.
You have the right to cancel your order within 7 working days, beginning with the day after you have received your order. We will ask you to return all goods, and a refund will be made, minus a return fee, unless the cost of return has been born by the customer. A refund will be made within 30 days of cancellation. Vouchers are not sold on a sale or return basis and no return will be permitted unless it can be demonstrated that House of Colour has been in error in fulfilling the customers order.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
To order products on houseofcolour.co.uk, you need to have cookies enabled. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors. To find out more about cookies and how to manage them you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website. We know you'd expect nothing less from us.
Delivery charges are automatically added to the cost of the product as part of the process of submitting an order.
Deliveries within the UK are made by Royal Mail 1st class post , unless express delivery is requested. We will make every effort to despatch orders within 1 working day of receipt, so that you receive your order within 7 days.
We cannot be held responsible should local customs authorities wish to confiscate any particular item.
We cannot process your order until payment has been cleared, and we have all the delivery addresses, with full post codes and telephone numbers.
Local Taxes & Duties:
These are the responsibility of the shopper or recipient in the country of destination.
VAT applies at the current rate at the time of invoicing.
If you require any further information or assistance then please call our Sales Office which is open 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. You can contact them on 01923 211188 or fax 01923 218823, alternatively our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
To comply with the Data Protection Act (1984) we are required to inform you that we have recorded your name and address on our computer for the sole purpose of sending you a catalogue and other information.
Your name and address will not be given or sold to third parties. Please let us know if you object to our keeping this information, and we will delete it.
All items shown are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute items with goods of equal or higher value. If the substitute goods are not acceptable to the customer, they may be returned for a full refund.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998) and according to the Which? Web Trader Code of Practice.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us or from another trader in the future.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
Credit/debit card details
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law and the Which? Web Trader Code.
If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us at email@example.com
Whilst every effort will be made to meet customers demands, cancellations or variations may be necessary as a result of acts of God, strike, lockout, labour dispute, fire, flood, drought or other causes beyond our control.
RETENTION OF TITLE
This remains with House of Colour until the goods are paid for in full.
Any credit card details taken from you online are recorded in a fully SSL secure area provided by Barclays Bank and Securehosting.co.uk.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Your use of our website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. House of Colour reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site and changes posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures and logos regarding or relating to House of Colour are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will House of Colour be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. House of Colour does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from House of Colour. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by House of Colour to use any item displayed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not House of Colour). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. House of Colour takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
10. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
11. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.