10 TIPS FOR STYLING YOURSELF IN LOCKDOWN
While the whole of the country is under lockdown, this is time to make extra effort to style up your look, regardless of if you’re working at home, a busy mum homeschooling or a retiree at home. If we look good, we feel good. If we feel good, we’re more productive and happier.
So, I’ve put together my TOP 10 STYLING TIPS to ease you through the next few weeks stylishly! REMEMBER, it’s not compulsory. But more than ever, we need to keep our spirits up by at least feeling good about the way we look
Here are my 10 top styling tips for you to ease you through the coming weeks……….
1. GETTING DRESSED – it’s easy to say, “what’s the point” and sit around in your PJs all day. As tempting as it is, DON’T! It will be detrimental to your motivation! Today, try putting on a top in your favorite colour so you have a good colour up around your face. It’s like an instant ‘feel good tonic’.
2. MAKE-UP – apply a little make-up in the morning. Make-up will freshen, brigthen and lift your face. A touch of base to even out your skin tone, concealer, blusher to add structure to your face, mascara AND the all-important final touch……a pop of LIPSTICK! You may think "why". Well, you deserve to feel good and I guarantee it will help. Even if it's just the kids that see it!
3. ACCESSORIES – add your earrings, necklace, scarf, broach, watch or rings. REMEMBER, your accessories add the finishing touches to your outfit.
4. DON’T DO COMFORT OVER STYLE – a lounge suit should be as the name suggests - only wearable when you are lounging around with family – not at your work station!
5. WASH AND STYLE YOUR HAIR – Dry shampoo is my bathroom must have! It's a lifesaver - trust me if you don't already use it. If you do, you'll know what I mean! It will add volume and bounce and give you an extra day or two between washes.
6. NAILS - If you have acrylic or gel nails growing out, go onto ‘YouTube’ to see how you can remove your nails. If like me, you were on a gel nail break before lock down – treat yourself to a home manicure and try some House of Colour nail varnish.
7. CHANGE YOUR OUTFITS UP - Just because you are working from home doesn’t mean you should reach for the baggy jumper you were wearing yesterday. Wear a new outfit each day.
8. SHOES - leave your fluffy slippers in the bedroom and put on a pair of your favorite trainers, pumps, boots or heels – why not, if glams what you need add the heels!
9. JACKETS/COATS - when you go out for you daily exercise add a colorful scarf with your coat – and try not to wear a black coat – it’s not slimming and it really drains colour from most peoples faces.
10. RINSE AND REPEAT these key principles tomorrow. BUT I will allow you to bring forward your PJ hour today as its lock down!
Remember, we all know, when we feel good about the way we look, we are often more positive and productive! Wear your colours, dress your style, stay safe………
August 2017 NewsSian's story - my decision to go grey
January 2017 NewsUsing a pyramid structure in your wardrobe.... and why you need it.
October 2015 NewsFrom Met Police to Personal Stylist - Judi's Story
September 2017 NewsStride into Autumn feeling fabulous with our Fashion Update
September 2017 NewsSchool run style - how to look great at the school gate
September 2017 NewsDual compact foundations - your makeup must have